Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Weekend gist........

So na so I land London. The flight was dry, apart from one screaming baby, nothing newsworthy. I always think I am going to do so much everytime I travel but unfortunatley I always end up doing the same thing. Drinking, eating and checking out the club or pub scene, whatever that country has to offer. All cultural expeditions always fly out of the window. Another wonderful reason why London is always a favourite city is Naija food. I confess, I dreamt of plantain, pounded yam, peppersoup, in fact, I had a detailed list of every naija food that I just had to eat. A friend of my sisters was visiting and she made stew with "nuneh", I have no idea how to spell it, but its black beans? whatever, she cooked that thing since thursday night and the apartment still stinks of that stuff. Damnnnnn, that shit stinks. I am still in shock over how stinky that thing can be, but the stew was sweet sha, I have to confess. Anyway, after destroying my stomach, we headed up to a salsa club. Oh boy! the heat, the heat coming from human bodies..... anyway, I was supposed to meet up with an old friend of mine there. I have not seen her in about a year, so I was quite excited to see her. She was there when we got there, I walked up to her really excited, went to hug her, she blanked me or rather, she gave me "isho". I thought she was joking, so I tried again, the same reaction. Ha! I decided to drop my coat and then come back, came back, same thing. Ha! I asked, whats up? She looked at me and said "do I know you?" Chineke! I no even fit talk, I just said, "abeg, I dont have time for this" and went on my way. Met a couple of Naija guys "gyrating" their lives away with latinas. I was impressed oh! Na me clap pass for my brothers. Haba! dem try, abeg. Na so one spanish guy come dey confess everlasting love for me, say if I touch am, im go die, I touch am, nothing happen. Hissssssss. Danced the night away, and completely forgot about my friend. She later wrote a message saying it was just a "joke that went too far". Ha! I tire for human beings oh. Apperantly, she was trying to "form" small, I was supposed to beg her small, then she was supposed to then "gree". I no know say people dey act that kind play for London. If she had sent me my "lines" on time, I would have acted my part to perfection. I will be on the bus to the airport in about an hour. My London trip was a blast, nuneh and all. I had fun.