Thursday, November 27, 2008

You mean...you left? Just like that? Oh yes I did!

A friend of mine told me about the day she left her husband. She had not planned it, she had gone to pick up her son from day care and right there, in the middle of the street, with her son in his pram, with no money and no clothes, she thought to herself "No. I am not going back". And that was it. The decision had come just like that, so she understood me. That the fact that I had no plans, a fact that everybody else seemed to dwell upon, was quite reasonable to her.

How can you just leave a life without any plans?

She understood that that morning I left my life behind, it had come from nowhere. I just walked out, which is what I told everybody.

Next thing I knew, I was on a bus thinking "No. I am not going back".

That is how it was. I left my life behind with nothing. No clothes, no books, no plans. Just my laptop. It seemed strange to everyone else except my friend, who understood.

"Yes, you left just like that" she looked at me nodding...

It was perfectly understandable.





Note: This happened a while back, so no worries, I have since fixed what needs to be fixed so one can live like a full functioning miserable member of the society.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess it often makes sense to just walk away especially if there are deep seated issues that have failed to be resolved.. Wonder what became of the hubby tho.....

Unknown said...

Must be quite a release to be able to do that...just walk away.

Most people can't get past the guilt which is understandable in certain circumstances, I suppose.

Padosh said...

i wonder the kind of trouble she had been through to just leave...., sad story.

Emeka Amakeze said...

It might surprise how often we make important decisions on the spur of the moment, just like that and more often than not, such decisions are objective.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

sometimes, we all just have to walk away...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Am I twisted, I didn't see the story as sad.

Longsufferer said...

Am walking away from the troubles in my life......sounds familiar?
take it easy friend and put your trust in God.....

Tigeress said...

waow- that's majour!

? said...

waffy girl, hope you are better...just checking on you..

The Activist said...

Hmmm God knows all she had endured before taking that decision. This is deep

BTW, we dont have to be a "functioning miserable member of the society" trust me I know what that has done to our values and all.

We need to do better than this

Anonymous said...

There is a song by Ben Harper called "sometimes you just have to walk away" - I play it all the time :) I think this is a monumentally brave empowering act and I wish I could have done it (do it) whatever!

Jaguda said...

walking away sometimes is the best thing that can happen to a woman. if u dont believe me ask tina turner. i dont know the details but if he was hitting her, the best thing is to leave him. good riddance