Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back to my roots...

I walked past my favourite reggae store last week, I havent been there in ages. The guy was very happy to see me again. There was a time I used to just sit there listening to music almost everyday...but now, cos I live so far away, I hardly go there anymore.

As usual, I got invitations to different jams happening, and I think I will go to a couple. I remember a friend telling me once that it seems I am happiest when I do the things I love. Its simple to say, but tell me the truth, how many of us actually take the time to do those things?

Most times, we do the things we HAVE to do, which is mostly work. If I had to do the things I love, then it will be mostly reading, swimming, listening to reggae and hanging out with friends in a coffee shop.

When last did I swim? Last year.

not easy to do the things you love every day. Sometimes, my mood is so foul that i can;t even get myself to put on the radio or even TV. Sometimes, my mood is so dark that I do not even put on the lights. To do the things I love, my mind really has to be in the right place, if not, I just destroy everything.

I feel good today. I think I can see a little bit of light somewhere, I think perhaps, I will make it through this week with a smile on my face.

I want to do so many things and my time never seems to be enough....

I want to see so much more, I want to know so much more...I need to know more.

Ah! lets see how long this mood last...for now, my curiosity is taking me out again...

4 comments:

SHE said...

If you feel the good mood fading, just come back and read your post on it.

Nice song, this one.

Rita said...

Real question...how many of us do the things we love...

Hope you are enjoying yourself...

Ms. Catwalq said...

It is good to feel good. There's nothing like a good burst of energy to get ur creative juices rolling. This morning, I have already fought with the yeye gym that I enrolled in but cannot use and the bank that wants me to sell my liver so that I can pay their bastard overdraft fees...it's wednesday, I tell you

CodLiverOil said...

Waffarian
It's been a long time. I used to regularly go to the site called "Waffy's articles", then you stopped publishing there.

I today rediscovered this site through a friend of mine by the name of Anengiyefa.

Great re-discovery, classic tune. I hadn't heard this track for over 10 years. It is wonderful, pure class!

Can't fault people taking time to enjoy themselves.

Thank you for blogging. You are a rare beam of light coming from the darkness called Nigeria.