Monday, March 1, 2010

Now that the winter olympics is over...

What will happen to my insomnia? From whence, shall I feed it? During these past two weeks, my nights have been spent crying with losers and rejoicing with winners. It did not matter what country won, my heart was right there...it has been an eventful two weeks. Thank you Vancouver, Thank you Canada. In these nights of snow and fantasy, I have thought about so many things....

1.The number one winter sports would have to be cross country skiing! Oh the drama! What competition from the Norwegians and Swedes! I have had a jolly good time. I watched every single one of the events. I hope to learn how to ski soon enough. I am pumped! Inspired by these men and women. Ah! I can not tell you how many times I saw myself in the TV set, skiing like the devil down a most extraordinay slope, only me...my opponents all crashing down...it has been great! I won gold many times!

2. Considering how much time I spent following my favourite athletes in the cross country, I kinda forgot all about my other love, figure skating. My main guy did not win though...which I think just sucks. He is the king of ice...I love you Evgeni!

3. I got my sister to watch curling with me a couple of times and together, we still could not figure out what was going on. In fact, at the very last game in the women's final, we had no idea when it was all over. I have to hand it to my sister, she did come up with extraordinary ideas about which direction the "stones" should go....amazing...

4. I dont't know why the Americans always have to be so competitive with this snow boarding thingy...its not like they "own" it. I found them all pretty annoying and arrogant. In fact, I was happy for anybody that won. As far as you were not American.

5. The biathlon was pretty interesting as well. I mean, shooting and skiiing? Who comes up with this stuff? Quite mind blowing, I tell you. My favourite thing to do was to shout when they missed their targets...too bad.

6. For some reason, I enjoy watching ski jumping. Don't ask me why. I just enjoy guessing who will jump the farthest and hearing the commentators talk about different techniques when jumping. Anytime I watch it, I wonder why on earth it is a sport? But of course, it all has to do with muscles and technique etc. Meanwhile, how come they do not crash like they do in alpine skiiing? huh? They just land like birds? Just amazing.

7. As for those alpine skiing athletes, Good Lord! All that speed and going this way and that way....Jeez! It looks like such an adrenaline rush! Looks like something you should get some serious drugs for...Lordy.

8. I have to admit, the only reason I watched the speed skating was to see the men in those tight things they wear. Even better than watching men doing hurdles in slow motion! Hahahahahahahaha

Well, well, as you can see, I will miss Vancouver and the marple leaf or whatever they call it.

I guess my nights will be back to watching "Knight Rider" and "Macgyver"...gosh!

P.S: For some reason, I could never finish any of the Ice Hockey games...I even slept off in the big final btw U.S.A and Canada. Anytime Ice Hockey comes on, I fall asleep...I think I feel the same way about it as I do about football. Following balls ( pucks, round objects)around makes me dizzy...I just can't do it. Its boring and takes forever...

6 comments:

7 said...

And the figure skater who lost her Mom after a sudden heart attack.....I sobbed for her.

SHE said...

I think my only "contact" with the Winter olympic was opening google homepage and mistakenly moving the cursor over their drawing.

Now You make me want to know what each sport is about!

You'll find something else to occupy your nights. I hope.

AliceDCL said...

funny enuff
i didnt really folllow the olympics but i regretted that decision when i watch d follow up story after d closing ceremonies...

7 said...

I was talking to a friend about blogs-ville, stopped by and noticed you took down your post. I think I scared you with what may appear to be stalking behavior, what can I say.....purely coincidental... but I'd b scared too. Take care!

Waffarian said...

@moi: I was updating that post then I slept off, so did not finish updating it. It will be up as soon as I gather energy to write, I am just waking up.

I am glad you leave comments on my posts. I was not scared and did not think anything of that sort at all.

You are welcome to leave as many comments as you like, anytime.

Happy Weekend!

Patrice said...

And I thought you were winterized . . .

Curling is not as esoteric as it may seem. The object is to have as many rocks/stones as possible closest to the bullseye after each end. The rest is just strategy for achieving that and jargon.

If the biathalon were a marathon sex session for bisexuals, it would be the most popular event at the Winter Olympics.

The long track speed skaters have some seriously muscular legs. I can't help but wonder if it is more than just Corn Flakes that they are putting into their bodies.

Sorry to correct you, but it is maple leaf, not marple leaf. I think you have been reading too many Agatha Christie novels, Miss Marple . . . lol

You have to be raised watching ice hockey to be able to follow the puck.