Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just when I was feeling lonely...

Yesterday night was terrible for me. I had the worst fever ever. The kind that makes you freeze and sweat at the same time. Like Malaria fever. I turned up the heat in my apartment. Every trip to the bathroom was torture cos it meant I had to creep from underneath my bedcovers...it was not a pretty sight. I was too feverish to even feel any pity for myself. All I wanted to do was stay underneath those covers. My lips were parched and from time to time, I would attempt to drink water from a water bottle I kept by the bed. That was not pretty either. In the early hours, the fever finally broke, with me drenching my bedsheets with sweat.

When I woke up this morning, it was already nine. My bedside was quite chaotic. A paper bag filled with used tissues, a glass filled to the brim with used tea bags, a packet of tea on the floor, an opened jar of honey, a dirty bowl with the remnants of tuna fish in it, four different books, tossed away in annoyance, a dirty spoon, throat tablets, and a packet of pain killers. All these, lay in disarray. I had also managed to change my clothes sometime in the night. I could not really remember how I had passed the night. I just remember being scared. And alone.

Just when I was feeling lonely, I opened my blog, and there were two comments on my last post that cheered me up immensely! Thanks, Anengiyefa and "anonymous".

And then, my sister called and I told her all about my feverish night. We had a good chat, and I felt better when she said she would call me every hour so I don't feel scared.

Then I got a text from an old secondary friend reminding me of her visit sometime in the month.

Then I got a phone call from a family friend in Warri who calls in from time to time to check on me. Strange that he should call today of all days.

Then my mum called.

Then my neighbour dropped by with the left over cake from her kid's birthday birthday.

And now I don't feel so alone anymore.

I am grateful to the universe for always providing me with what I need, when I need it.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Peace and love.

P.S: I had at first written "rest over" cake...hehehehehee...thats funny...I think I just directy translated.I kept staring at those two words, I knew there was something not quite right about it. I just finally realized that of course it has to be "left over" not "rest over"!

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Glad you are feeling better and loved.

Dee! said...

Doh! Take care of you and stay strong!
First time here...let me read other posts...

joicee said...

Nice to know that the universe responded just in time for you.

Myne said...

Oh sorry about your cold and I'm glad you're feeling better. E-hugs.

Ono Edosio said...

Thank God u r beta,u had us cackling with rest over!