Friday, June 4, 2010

Makes me smile...

Its incredible how many of my friends remember how nice my dad was...anytime I find my old friends on facebook, the first thing they do is to say how sorry they are about my dad and how they remember him.

Its really incredible that almost everybody that met him as a child with me, remembers how gentle he was, with us. Also, that he was a serious joker. In his eyes, I was perhaps the funniest person on earth. I could crack him up with my silly moves...I think he was the first person that ever thought I was funny...

Today, a lady who I knew as a child found me on facebook after many years. She left Nigeria when I was still in primary school. The first thing she talked about was how gentle my dad was...even old students from my secondary school that met him, often talk about him in that light. Even though it makes me so sad when people ask about him, still, it makes me smile when they start talking about how kind he was to them or when they remember how he was with us...

When I was a kid, I used to drum on my father's stomach...and put my ear to it so I could hear the different sounds coming from it...

I really hope fathers know how much they affect their children...please give them beautiful memories cos thats all I have now, memories and I am so happy that they are good ones and not bad ones...

I have stopped counting the years since he has passed...even now, I still cry when I think about him...I wish I could be a kid again and hear him laugh at my "entertainment show" I used to put up...with my mother going crazy and screaming at me to stop my stupidity and my father cracking up cos I just go on and on, nonstop madness...

Nobody laughs like that when I am being silly...everybody just thinks I am irritating...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your dad. I'm sure he was awesome.. I didn't have a cordial happy time with my dad while I was growing up. He didn't know I existed. till I started studying law..so, I kinda envy you.. But I'm sorry for the loss.
Have a splendid weekend.

Tega said...

It wonderful to hear how softly you speak about your dad(i imagine this) and your love is truly admirable cuz its not the put-upish sort of love

He filled and touched your life as well as those of your friends and even though I didn't know him...I am grateful to God that you had a man just like him.

Anonymous said...

I miss my Daddy too....he was funny!

Jennifer A. said...

The thing I'm most joyful about in reading this post is that you have such wonderful loving memories of him...and I'm happy about that.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known him. U must be ur fathers daughter, u sense of humour and kindness mustve come from him. Be thankful for all the memories. Kr.