Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't mind but...

This is the second time this kind of thing is happening to me. Some months ago, my phone rang and it was "so and so gave me your number he said you could maybe help me"...

Today, it was a friend of mine who phoned to say another friend of hers had an emergency and needed help with some writing assignment...

I don't mind helping MY friends and even strangers but sometimes people just demand so much time and energy...

So this person I am supposed to help, comes and she does not really allow me help...mostly she wants to do it herself but perhaps just needed someone that thinks calmly. I eventually figured out how to help her but it would have gone faster if she did not keep interrupting me and being so forceful. She kept saying stuff like "I am stubborn"...

Its hard to help people you don't know cos you don't know what approach to take with them. If it was my friend, I would just have said "do you want me to help you or not? cos if you want help, then shut the fuck up"...

Also, I just think its a bit presumptious to assume I would like to help THEIR friends...where do I know them from?

People just demand stuff they have no right to.

I know I could have said no, but sometimes its hard when people use words like "emergency"...

No comments: