Saturday, October 22, 2011

God, how I hate sad films...

I was just clicking away on TV and got stuck in a scene in the movie, "my sister's keeper", Jesus. My whole heart hurts. I feel so sad that I feel like throwing up. I seriously hate watching movies with these extremely heart-wrenching scenes. Jesus, its like somebody put a knife in my stomach and just kept twisting and twisting...God, that was a sad scene. The girl in the hospital, about to die and the mum lies down beside her...

I broke down, men...

Thank God its over. I seriously can't take so much sadness in life. No more TV for me. I am gonna go read a book or something...

1 comment:

Patrice said...

I love them! They make me feel sad, yes, but alive.

Recently saw what must rank among the saddest of scenes, in the film The Constant Gardener. The main character, Justin (Ralph Feinnes), is in a village in Sudan investigating his wife's death. He barely makes it to the UN airplane to escape as the village is attacked by bandits. A little Sudanese girl who has helped him is brought along but the pilot will not let her come. As Justin argues with the pilot, the little girl, realizing the dilemma, jumps off the plane and runs away to what will surely be a gruesome death. The scene was shot so realistically. I gasped when she lept from the plane, and I felt disorientated for days after.