Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When we were young, crazy and poor...



I read "just kids" by Patti Smith and then I thought of you.
I thought of John and Yoko Ono and I thought of you.
I thought of you when we were young, crazy and poor.
About how so many things did not turn out right
So many things I would rather forget
Fleeting nights in train stations
And all the things I did with you
Has it been so long now?
When we dreamt of places like Tibet and Las Vegas
Places where no one would find us
And we could do whatever we wanted
All those books we consumed
Now they tell me my eyes are destroyed
And that maybe I should regret those times
But the books were what kept us sane
And drove us away from our demons
I don’t know what you are doing now
But I thought of you when I read that book
Of the times when we were young, crazy and poor.

No comments: