Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Somewhere else.

The wind was mild, the sun, shining. Lovers holding hands.

I walked behind them, taking in all the sights. The fishermen were offloading their fish and people were buying them all, straight from the net.

I stopped to stare.

"Do you want to buy some to take home?" my brother asked.

It was tempting.

"Nahhhhh. I can't be bothered" I replied.

He walked ahead, speaking with his girlfriend. She was laughing and holding his hand.

A guy jogged past without a shirt, sweating and making some strange hand movements, spontaneously, I jogged behind him, imitating his movements. I got a few laughs from the people around.

There is still so much I haven't seen in the world, I thought. So much. Where are all those ships going?

When we got to the beach, I took off my shoes and lay down.

"You are like a lizard, soaking up the sun" my brother said, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Ehhhn, let it be. I don't care". I replied.

"You should put your feet in, its good for the blood circulation" he said.

I did that for a while and got bored. Then I lay down again.

"You would stay here all day if you could" he said.

"I would". I replied, my eyes closed.

A woman was sun bathing in a bikini. She seemed so confident. Her man kept talking pictures of her while she struck different poses.

What confidence! I thought. She was overweight.

"We should go now" my brother said.

I got up reluctantly. So much to see in the world, so much to do.




3 comments:

The Activist said...

"That moment when all you see in the universe is pure beauty and you marvel at its complicated essence..." - The Activist

tolla said...

nature is good to us all, things fine and wonderful.

tolla said...

all things bight and wonderful___________________ nature is good to us all.